Trevor always has the best music playing when we go for a ride somewhere. He’s the one that really got me into the music I am into today. He also helped fuel an obsession of mine.
One day a few years ago, we were riding along listening to a mix when a song announced itself with a bold acoustic guitar. Then a screechy voice came in. I wasn’t really listening until I heard “there’s no one in the world like Emily.” All I could think was, hey, he’s right! Come to find out that the song was “Emily” by From First To Last, and though Sonny’s voice is somewhat annoying in the song, I absolutely adore it. It’s…cute.
After I gained the love for music that I now possess, I began searching youtube for new music. I found a song called “Emily” by Anadivine. When I typed it in to download it, another song came up that had my name in the title. Hmm…
One day I spent a lot of time at the computer, just searching iTunes for “Emily.” It’s an obsession of mine.
Here’s what I have today:
- “Emily” by Alice In Videoland,
- “Emily” by Anadivine,
- “Emily” by Bowling For Soup,
- “See Emily Play” covered by David Bowie,
- “Rocky Loves Emily” by Four Letter Lie,
- “Emily” by From First To Last (of course),
- “Emily” by Keane,
- “See Emily Play” by Pink Floyd,
- “Me and Emily” by Rachel Proctor,
- “For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her” by Simon and Garfunkel, and
- “Emily” by Stephen Fretwell.
It’s between From First To Last, Pink Floyd, and Stephen Fretwell. I simply can’t choose.